12/5/2013 – 2013 West Point property tax bills have been posted online at lrs.co.columbia.wi.us/lrsweb/parcel/search.aspx. Printed tax bills should arrive in your mailbox soon.
1st installment tax payments are due by January 31, 2014.
Tax payments can be made in person to the Town Treasurer at the Town Hall, by mail or with a credit card or electronic check by using Official Payments online or over the phone.
- The Treasurer will be available to receive tax payments in person at the Town Hall during the following dates/times:
- Friday Dec 13th: 9am – 4pm
- Saturday Dec 28th: 9am – 3pm
- Monday Dec 30th & Tuesday Dec 31st: 9am – 4pm
- Friday Jan 10th: 9am – 4pm
- Friday Jan 31st: 12pm (noon) – 8pm
- Mail tax payments to the Town of West Point, N2114 Rausch Rd, Lodi WI 53555. Please make checks payable to the Town of West Point. If you would like a receipt, you MUST include a self-addressed stamped envelope along with your payment.
- Tax payments can be made by credit card or electronic check using Official Payments by calling 1-800-272-9829 or via the Internet at www.officialpayments.com. The Town of West Point jurisdiction code is 6735. Note: You will be charged a fee by Official Payments for processing credit card payments and electronic checks. For delinquent taxes please contact the Columbia County Treasurer at (608) 742-9613.
Wisconsin State Statues 174.05 and 174.07(1)(b) require ALL DOGS over the age of 5 months to be licensed annually by the Municipal Treasurer. Licensing your dog requires proof of rabies vaccination from your veterinarian.
- $5 spayed or neutered dogs
- $10 unspayed or unneutered dogs
Dog licenses may be purchased by mail or in person at the Town Hall from the Town Treasurer. When purchasing by mail, please send payment and proof of rabies vaccination along with a self-addressed stamped envelope for return of the license and dog tag to: Town of West Point, N2114 Rausch Rd, Lodi WI 53555. (Please note: extra postage is required if licensing multiple dogs.)
2014 licenses will be available for purchase December 1, 2013.
Columbia County Sheriff Richards is asking for assistance in making sure that Emergency Fire Number signs posted at your home or business are visible in case of an emergency. Please see the following requirements:
v Fire, Ambulance and Sheriff personnel need to be able to see the Fire Number to find your home in an emergency.
v Your Fire Number should be posted five feet to the right of your driveway.
v Your Fire Number should be 3 ½ feet off the ground at the road right of way.
v Your Fire Number should be free of obstructions.
v If your sign is missing or damaged please contact your local town clerk for a replacement sign.
For more information on Emergency Fire Number placement please go to the ColumbiaCountyweb page at www.co.columbia.wi.us or contact your local municipal town government official.
Town ofWest Point
Phone Number is 608-592-7059
Email Address is firstname.lastname@example.org