2/2/2017 – 1st installment tax payments were due postmarked by January 31, 2017. However, Wiscsonsin State Statue 74.11 allows for a 5 business day grace period for accepting timely property tax payments. For 2016, the grace period goes through Tuesday February 7, 2017. This is not a “postmark by” date. Rather, payments MUST be in the Treasurer’s hands by Tuesday February 7, 2017 in order to be considered timely.
After February 7, 2017 all outstanding 2016 property tax payments need to be made directly to the Columbia County Treasurer, PO Box 198 Portage WI 53901. Interest and penalties will be assessed by the County Treasurer on late tax payments.
For delinquent taxes please contact the Columbia County Treasurer at (608) 742-9613.
- Guide for Property Owners
- Property Assessment Appeal Guide for Wisconsin Real Property Owners
- Agricultural Assessment Guide for Wisconsin Property Owners
- Updated for the new Chapter Tax 18 publication
- Property Tax Guide for Wisconsin Manufactured and Mobile Home Owner